Here are 6 of the most simple things you should do to market your product or service on the internet.Â It’s amazing how many people I come across that don’t do these.Â These aren’t the hard to do and don’t take a big commitment like blogging, twitter, pay per click or even the full blown search engine optimization campaigns.Â I’d call these the low hanging fruit to get you started.
- Email Signature. Always, always make sure that your signature has your name, company name, address, phone number, email address and maybe fax number and tag line. Many times I get emails from people with no signature information.Â It makes it hard to call them back right away and then I need to ask for their phone number.Â Â Also, when I save their email address to my address book, if they have footer info, it will automatically save that to my address book too.Â As a bonus, if anyone prints or forwards your email, your info is right there.
- Footer info on your website. Always make sure that every page of your website has your same signature information in the footer.Â Since you can optimize every page for search engines, this helps you optimize the page and identifies you right away for people who don’t hit your home page first.Â Also helps when users print your pages or forward your links.
- Title tags. Use appropriate and different title tags on all of the pages in your website.Â Â This should be very simple to do and will be the most effective thing you can do to optimize your website.Â Title tags are arguably the most important location for your keywords.
- The rest of your content. Take a couple hours and re-write the rest of your content and meta description on each page (or pick your 10 most popular pages).Â If your site isn’t too big, it shouldn’t take long.Â Focus each page on your keywords, but be sure not to overuse them.Â Write casually and conversationally.
- Links to your website. Be the subject matter expert.Â Surf around, find other blogs that discuss things you have knowledge about and share that knowledge in the form of replies.Â Be sure to include your URL in your signature (see number 1).Â Also, ask your friends and anyone you know with a website to see i they’d link to you and link to them also.Â I’d stay away from the “free link exchanges” as they can tend to reduce the credibility of your site.
- Submit yourself. Lastly, go to google.com/addurl and add your url to Google yourself.Â It only takes a minute.Â But only do it once…
These are all pretty easy things to do and you shouldn’t need to spend any money to do it – just a bit of time.Â But it’s time that could be very well worth it.Â Â Let me know if you have any ideas, questions or thoughts on this.
Here’s another good list here from ProBlogger.