We’re looking for a Front-End WordPress Developer to join our team as a contractor. Please read the below job description and if you think you can help us provide value to our clients, please fill out the form below.
Front-End WordPress Developer Job Brief
We are looking for a Front-End WordPress Developer (contractor) to provide WordPress support to our clients. Initially starting at 5-10 hours per week, with the potential for more.
As a WordPress Front-End Developer, you’ll be responsible for helping to maintain a current collection of websites with duties including, but not limited to:
- Managing monthly backups and updates for wordpress core, themes, plugins and more.
- Editing content for clients including visible and search related page content
- Basic image editing and page development
- Custom HTML and CSS changes to theme pages for themes that DON’T use builder plugins (if your experience is mostly with Page-builder plugins, this probably won’t be a good fit as we don’t use them).
- Track project needs, deliverables & milestones from beginning to completion
- Weekly reporting to teams on status and needs
For this role, experience using communication tools like Zoom, Slack, Google Docs, and other CRM tools, etc is key. Also, knowledge of how Search Engine Optimization, ad campaigns & website development work is ideal for continued growth and success. A strong Internet connection is also key.
You should be highly detail oriented and experienced enough (and excited) to be able to jump into the middle of a project and quickly understand & determine provide solutions for successful completion. You should have the knowledge and experience to be able to handle projects and deliver high-quality work under minimum supervision.
- Strong knowledge of the WordPress platform.
- Expertise in WP plugins, modules, and themes, including, but not limited to maintenance, updates and backups.
- Ensure websites work properly in all environments while overcoming conflicts with popular themes and plugins.
- Skilled in HTML/CSS, and responsive design.
- Ability to understand and make CSS changes (and their ramifications) to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Proven experience as a WordPress Front-End Developer
- Familiarity with current technologies, like Google Drive, Zoom, Slack, Asana (or other CRMs) desktop sharing, and more
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience in plugin development and PHP back-end development is a plus, but not required