I have several presentations available based on internet safety for your kids and would love to present to your group, school or organization. I can present to kids or parents or both. Please contact me here if you would like more information.
The presentations are based on a number of different resources that can be found below. There’s so much information out there on this topic that it’s hard to go through it all. But, I’ve tried to find some of the best. I’ve found that keeping your kids safe online and with their cell phones boils down to 2 main points.
- Internet Safety is more about your relationship with your children, than about the technology.
- Internet Safety is also about knowing as much or more than your kids do about the internet.
I was also able to gather some very good links to many online resources.
Internet Safety Links
- Chatting with Kids About Being Online – PDF
- FTC.gov/idtheft The Federal Trade Commission’s website has information to help people deter, detect and defend against identity theft.
- StaySafeOnline.org The National Cyber Security Alliance seeks to create a culture of cyber security and safety awareness by providing knowledge and tools to prevent cyber crime and attacks.
- CommonSenseMedia.org Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology.
- GetNetWise.org A project of the Internet Education Foundation, the GetNetWise coalition provides internet users the resources to make informed decisions about their and their family’s use of the internet.
- CyberBully411.org Cyberbully411 is an effort to provide resources for youth who have questions about or have been targeted by online harassment.
- ConnectSafely.org ConnectSafely is for parents, teens, educators and advocates for learning about safe, civil use of Web 2.0 together.
- iKeepSafe.org iKeepSafe educational resources teach children of all ages, in a fun, age-appropriate way, the basic rules of internet safety, ethics and the healthy use of connected technologies.
- NetFamilyNews.org A nonprofit news service for parents, educators, and policymakers who want to keep up on the latest technology news and commentary about online youth, in the form of a daily blog or weekly email newsletter.
- NetSmartz.org The NetSmartz Workshop is an interactive, educational safety resource from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
- WiredSafety.org WiredSafety provides help, information and education to internet and mobile device users of all ages.
- http://kids.getnetwise.org/tools/ Online tools, browsers and search engines for kids.
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- Safety Quiz for Parents and Guardians
- Internet Safety Quiz for Adults
- Safety Quiz for Kids
- Internet Safety Quiz for Kids
- A Thin Line
- Cell (Mobile) phone safety
- Cell Phone Safety Tips
- Don’t Believe the Type – CyberTipLine
- Family Watchdog – Locate Registered Sex Offenders in Your Neighborhood
- FBI – Parents Guide to Internet Safety
- FBI – Online Safety Tips for Kids
- FBI Safe Online Surfing Challenge
- Give it a Ponder
- Instant messaging safety
- Internet and Cell Phone Danger for Teens
- Internet/Cell Phone Safety Tips
- Internet Safety Foundation, Colorado
- Jefferson County, CO – Internet investigations
- Jefferson County, CO – Internet/Cell Phone Safety Tips for Parents
- Lingo2Word.com – Translate Text Lingo – Instantly!
- My Mobile Watchdog
- Qwest’s Online Safety Information
- Safe Online Child
- Sex and Tech: Results from a Survey of Teens and Young Adults
- Teen Online & Wireless Safety Survey
- Tool kit for stalkers — story from Fox31 News
Leave a Reply